This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This watermelon pineapple smoothie is light, refreshing, and easy to make. It is also dairy-free and vegan.
This watermelon pineapple smoothie is:
- Naturally sweetened with fruit
- Easy to make
- Made with just 3 ingredients + water
- Great for weight loss
*Scroll down to the recipe box below for quantities
Here is what you will need to make this watermelon pineapple smoothie:
- Fresh watermelon: Chopped into pieces for measuring.
- Frozen pineapple: To make this super easy, buy a pre-chopped frozen bag of pineapple chunks.
- Chia seeds: Black or white, or a mix of both.
- Water: This is to blend your smoothie. You may also use a milk of your choice.
Blend your chia seeds. Some people like to just stir chia seeds into a smoothie, but I recommend blending them in. This creates a nice smooth texture.
Buy frozen pineapple chunks at the store to eliminate prep time. You can also buy a fresh pineapple, chop it up yourself, then freeze the chunks. However, this will of course take more time as you will have to wait hours for the pineapple chunks to freeze.
Adjustments and substitutions
Add more water if needed. If your smoothie won’t blend, add a bit more liquid to get it blended. Make sure you don’t add too much, because your smoothie will become too thin. If this happens, you can add some more frozen pineapple to thicken your smoothie.
Use a milk of choice if you’d like. Instead of water, you can use any type of milk. My favorite milk for smoothies is oat or almond milk. Make sure you don’t choose anything flavored because you don’t want it to overpower the flavor of your smoothie.
More pineapple smoothies
- Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Matcha Pineapple Smoothie
- Cucumber Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Spirulina Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups fresh watermelon, chopped
- 1 ½ cups frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately.
Add a bit more water if needed to get your smoothie blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195