This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This chocolate orange smoothie is the perfect combination of flavors! Citrusy and chocolatey, this sweet smoothie is quick and easy to make as a healthy treat!
Why you’ll love this orange chocolate smoothie
This chocolate orange smoothie is:
- Easy to make
- A healthier dessert
If you want more orange smoothies, check out these smoothies too:
- Orange banana spinach smoothie
- Mango orange spinach smoothie
- Arugula orange smoothie
- Orange banana smoothie
Scroll down to the recipe box below for ingredient quantities.
Here is everything you will need to make this chocolate orange smoothie:
- Orange juice: Orange juice is easy to use in orange smoothies and it serves as the liquid needed to blend the smoothie. It also adds plenty of natural sweetness.
- Frozen bananas: Frozen bananas are a must for this smoothie! They need to be frozen so that they create a creamy, chilled smoothie when blended.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder gives this smoothie that chocolate taste!
- Vanilla extract: A splash of vanilla extract will add some flavor to your chocolate orange smoothie.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a great way to add some plant-based protein and healthy fat to your smoothie.
- Maple syrup: I like to add some maple syrup to this smoothie for added sweetness.
- Ice: Ice can be used to thicken this smoothie if you prefer a thicker texture.
Tips and adjustments
Here are some tips to make sure that your chocolate orange smoothie turns out perfect!
- Do not skip freezing your banana! Frozen banana is needed to make this smoothie thick and creamy.
- Add more maple syrup for more sweetness is desired. This is easily adjustable based on your preference.
- If you like a thick smoothie, start by blending everything but the ice. If it isn’t thick enough, add a handful of ice and blend until smooth. Keep adding more ice until your smoothie is as thick as you’d like.
- If you don’t want to add chia seeds to your chocolate orange smoothie, you can simply leave them out.
More chocolate smoothies
If you love this chocolate orange smoothie, you may also enjoy these chocolate smoothies:
- Chocolate almond butter smoothie
- Chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie
- Chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl
- Chocolate cherry smoothie
- Cookie dough smoothie bowl
- Avocado peanut butter chocolate smoothie
- ¾ cups orange juice
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Ice to thicken (optional)
- Add everything except ice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want a thicker smoothie, add a handful of ice and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 11gSugar: 44gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredient amounts and brands used.