This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This orange banana smoothie is wonderfully smooth and deliciously sweet. It requires only 4 simple ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes!
I love super simple smoothies like this one. It is so quick and easy to make and is a great way to get in a few servings of fruit!
Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities.
Here is what you will need for this smoothie:
- Frozen banana: it must be frozen to create a creamy, smooth texture.
- Orange juice: use 100% pure orange juice.
- Oat milk: you could try a different milk that doesn’t have a strong flavor, but I think oat milk works best.
- Chia seeds: I love adding chia seeds for some added plant-based protein and omega 3s.
- Vanilla extract: This is optional and will create a delicious flavor that is similar to a creamsicle!
How to make
This smoothie is as easy as adding everything to a blender and blending until smooth!
If you don’t already have frozen banana, you will need to do that first. If you love smoothies, I suggest always having your freezer stocked with bananas!
How to freeze your bananas
Start by peeling your bananas. It will be much easier to peel them before freezing!
Next, chop each banana into thirds or fourths. Make sure you remember how you cut them and try to keep each piece about the same size so that you can easily grab the correct number of pieces to form a whole banana when making a smoothie.
Once your bananas are peeled and chopped, get a container that they will fit in and line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
Place the banana pieces into the container, and add a piece of parchment paper on each layer to prevent the bananas from freezing together.
Seal the container and place in the freezer.
Substitutions and adjustments
I love using oat milk for this recipe, buy you could also try almond milk.
Try to avoid using a strong-flavored milk like coconut milk because that would alter the taste of the smoothie.
The vanilla extract is optional, but it blends really well with the orange and banana flavor. When my boyfriend did a taste-taste of this smoothie with the vanilla extract, he said it tasted like a creamsicle!
More fruit smoothies
- Strawberry blackberry banana smoothie
- Pineapple mango smoothie
- Chocolate cherry smoothie
- Blueberry banana smoothie bowl
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.