This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This coffee milkshake is thick, creamy, and absolutely delicious! You can easily make this milkshake dairy-free or vegan as well.
This coffee milkshake is:
- Easy to make
- So delicious
- Easily made vegan
*Scroll down to the recipe box below for quantities and instructions.
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream (Dairy-free if desired)
- Milk of choice (Dairy-free if desired – I use oat milk)
You must freeze your coffee into cubes before making this coffee milkshake. You will need to start by making 1 cup of coffee, then pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze. This will take a few hours. Make sure the cubes are completely frozen.
Freezing you coffee helps create a thicker texture for your milkshake. Adding too much liquid to a milkshake thins it out, and that isn’t what we want!
Drink you milkshake immediately after making it. If you let your milkshake sit too long, it will melt and thin out.
Substitutions and Adjustments
You can use any type of ice cream you like for this coffee milkshake. As for flavor, use vanilla or chocolate, but any brand will work. You can also choose an ice cream that is dairy-free or vegan. I like using Daiya.
You can also use any type of plain milk for this recipe. To keep it dairy-free, I like using oat milk. Make sure you don’t use a flavored milk because you don’t want it to overpower your milkshake.
More milkshake recipes
- 1 cup chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup coffee, frozen into cubes
- ¾ cup milk of choice, or more as needed
- You will need to start by making 1 cup of coffee, then pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze. This will take a few hours. Make sure the cubes are completely frozen.
- Once your coffee is frozen, add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a bit more milk to get things blended.
- Drink immediately.
Use dairy-free ice cream if desired.
I use oat milk for this recipe, but any milk you like should work.
Make sure you drink this milkshake immediately. As it thaws it will thin out and no longer have a thick milkshake texture.