This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This vegan strawberry milkshake is sweet and satisfying. It is creamy and smooth and has a perfect strawberry vanilla flavor combination!
There is no need to miss out on thick and delicious milkshakes when you are vegan! Anything can be veganized, and with the production of so many vegan ice creams, making a vegan milkshake is super easy!
*Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities.
Here is what you will need for this vegan strawberry milkshake:
Frozen strawberry slices: Slices are easier to measure in cups than whole strawberries. You should be able to find pre-sliced and frozen strawberries at the store.
Vegan vanilla ice cream: I use Daiya, but any brand should work.
Oat milk: You can also use almond milk.
Where to find vegan vanilla ice cream
These days, you can find vegan ice cream at most stores in the frozen section. Some stores will have it right next to the other ice creams, while some will have a separate frozen section for vegan food. This section is also sometimes called “natural foods.”
Here are some ice cream brands that carry vegan flavors:
- Daiya (this is what I use)
- So Delicious
- Let your ice cream thaw a bit so you can scoop it into a measuring cup. Once it is scoop-able, measure quickly so that it doesn’t thaw too much. A milkshake is best when it’s nice and thick!
- Use a high-powered blender if you want your milkshake to be really thick. If you don’t have one, you may need to add some more milk to get this milkshake blended and smooth. If you need more, add it slowly so that you don’t thin out your shake too much.
- If you add too much milk and your shake gets too thin, blend in a bit more ice cream or frozen strawberry slices.
Adjustments and substitutions
- I use Daiya vanilla ice cream for this milkshake, but any brand of vegan vanilla ice cream should work.
- If you want a sweeter milkshake, add a bit of maple syrup. I personally find it sweet enough without maple syrup because of the natural sweetness from the strawberries. This will also depend on how sweet the ice cream you use is.
- Add some additional flavors if you’d like! If you want a chocolate taste, add some cocoa powder. This strawberry milkshake would also be great with some peanut butter if you’re a peanut butter fan!
- I recommend using oat milk for this vegan milkshake, but almond milk should work just as well.
More strawberry smoothies
- Strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie
- Strawberry spinach smoothie
- Strawberry blackberry banana smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberry slices
- ¾ cups vegan vanilla ice cream (I use Daiya)
- 1 cup oat milk (or more as desired)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add some more milk if you want your milkshake to be thinner. If it gets too thin, add a bit more ice cream or frozen strawberries.
I use Daiya’s vegan vanilla ice cream, but any brand of vegan vanilla ice cream should work.