This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
Chocolate and almond butter make a delicious combination in this vegan, dairy-free smoothie. It’s so tasty, you can call it dessert!
Why you’ll love this smoothie
This chocolate almond butter smoothie is:
- Easy to make
- Good enough to be dessert!
*Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities.
Here is everything you will need to make this chocolate almond butter smoothie:
- Frozen banana: Using frozen bananas will make your smoothie thick, creamy, and chilled.
- Cocoa powder: This will give your smoothie that delicious chocolate flavor.
- Almond butter: I prefer using natural almond butter that is made with only almond butter and maybe some salt, but nothing else.
- Vanilla extract: For some added flavor.
- Maple syrup: This is for some extra sweetness.
- Oat milk: I love using oat milk to blend my smoothies, but you can use a different type of milk or just water if you’d like.
Tips for this chocolate almond butter smoothie
Pre-freeze bananas if you make a lot of smoothies. Frozen bananas are great for making a smoothie thick and creamy, and it’s much easier if you have them pre-frozen and ready to go.
Peel and chop your bananas in half, then put them in sealed containers. Make sure you place parchment paper between layers of bananas to prevent them from sticking together when they freeze.
Don’t add too much milk. If you like your smoothies thick, start with the recommended one cup of liquid. If your smoothie won’t blend, add more liquid slowly. If you add too much, your smoothie may become too thin.
Substitutions and adjustments
You can use any type of milk you like. I prefer oat milk for this smoothie, but you can use any type of milk you like. Almond milk would be a great choice as well. You could also just use water.
You can adjust the amount of maple syrup. Some people prefer sweeter smoothies, so add as much or as little maple syrup as you’d like.
More chocolate smoothies
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- Avocado Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup oat milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add more milk if needed to get your smoothie blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredient amounts and brands used.