This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This almond butter banana smoothie is so delicious and easy to make. It is dairy-free, vegan, and nutritious. Have it for breakfast or even dessert because it’s that good!
This almond butter smoothie is
- Easy to make
- Dairy-free and vegan
*Scroll down to the recipe box below for quantities.
Here is what you will need to make this almond butter banana smoothie:
- Frozen bananas
- Almond butter
- Rolled oats
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Oat milk or almond milk
- Pre-freeze bananas. If you make a lot of smoothies, I recommend keeping plenty of frozen bananas in your freezer at all times. Start by peeling your bananas and cutting them in half. Then place them in airtight containers, separating layers of banana with parchment paper.
- Use natural almond butter. This is not necessary, but it’s a good option if you’re concerned about ingredients. Natural almond butter is made with just almonds and maybe some salt. This avoids added sugar, oil, and other unnecessary ingredients.
- Start with ¾ cups of milk and only add more if needed. This smoothie is best when it is thick, so make sure you don’t add too much milk all at once.
Adjustments and substitutions
- If you don’t have almond butter, use peanut butter instead. You could also use one tablespoon of each.
- Omit the maple syrup if you don’t like your smoothies too sweet. There is natural sweetness from the bananas, which may be enough for some people. You can always add some maple syrup after blending if desired.
- I recommend using plain oat milk or almond milk to blend this smoothie, but you could use a different type of milk as well. Just make sure that you don’t use a flavored milk because that may ruin the taste of your almond butter smoothie.
More dessert smoothies
- Avocado Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Date Smoothie
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup to 1 cup oat or almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately.
Start with less milk and slowly add more if needed.