This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
Get some added nutrition in your smoothie with some beet powder! This smoothie is tasty, refreshing, and so easy to make.
This Beet Powder Strawberry Smoothie is:
- Earthy and Sweet
- Easy to make
Why Beet Powder?
I have chosen to use beet powder in this smoothie recipe instead of actual beets, simply because it is faster and easier to make.
You should be able to find some beetroot powder at a health food store and it will last you a pretty long time!
Beetroot powder is made from dried beets, so you are still getting all of the nutrients from beets!
Beets are packed with plenty of important vitamins and minerals, which you can learn about in this article about the health benefits of beets.
*Scroll down to the recipe box below for quantities.
Here is what you will need to make this beet powder smoothie:
- Beet powder (also called beetroot powder)
- Frozen banana: Keep pre-chopped frozen bananas in your freezer so you are always ready to make a smoothie! Frozen bananas make smoothies thick, creamy, and smooth.
- Frozen strawberries: For added delicious sweetness.
- Lime juice: This helps offset the earthy flavor from the beet powder and adds some sweetness.
- Water: To blend.
Make sure you use frozen fruit. If you want that thick, chilled texture to your smoothie, using frozen fruit is important. I like to keep pre-chopped frozen bananas in my freezer at all times.
Don’t add too much water. If you add too much liquid to your smoothie, it will be too thin. So make sure you don’t add more water than recommended initially. If you need more water to get things blended, add more slowly.
If you don’t love the earthy flavor of beets, start with less beet powder.
Substitutions and Adjustments
As mentioned in the tips above, you can adjust the amount of beet powder for this smoothie. If you aren’t sure if you will like the earthy flavor of beet powder in this smoothie, start with a little less. This recipe calls for ¾ teaspoons of beet powder, but you can start with ½ teaspoon and add more if you’d like.
If you want a bit more sweetness in your smoothie, add some more frozen fruit or some more lime juice. This smoothie is easily adjustable!
Instead of using water to blend this smoothie, you could use a neutral-tasting milk of choice.
More Strawberry Smoothies
- Strawberry Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- ¾ teaspoons red beet powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup water (or more as needed)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more water slowly if needed to get your smoothie blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 7gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredient amounts and brands used.