This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This cherry banana smoothie is creamy and delicious. It’s a great way to start the day or the perfect sweet midday snack.
Why you’ll love this cherry banana smoothie
- It is naturally sweet
- Only 5 ingredients required!
- It is super easy to make
- It is packed with nutritious ingredients
Here is what you will need to make this smoothie:
*For quantities scroll down to the recipe box below.
- Frozen banana: Frozen bananas create a smooth, creamy smoothie.
- Frozen cherries: Cherries contain plenty of vitamins and minerals, and they are packed with antioxidants.
- Vanilla extract: This adds a nice vanilla flavor to this smoothie.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds add some healthy fat and plant-based protein to this smoothie.
- Oat milk: Oat milk is my favorite plant-based milk for smoothies. It has a mild taste and a creamy texture. You can also substitute with a different milk, such as almond or cashew milk.
Like most smoothies, this one is very straightforward, but here are some tips to ensure it turns out perfectly!
- Make sure you use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit is what makes this smoothie cool and creamy. I always like to use frozen fruit because I find it creates a much nicer texture. It wouldn’t be as good with fresh fruit.
- Don’t add too much milk. If you add too much milk to your smoothie, it will thin out. If you prefer a thinner texture that is fine, but I prefer a thick, creamy smoothie. I suggest starting with less and slowly adding more milk if needed or desired.
- Blend in the chia seeds. Instead of mixing in your chia seeds after blending, I recommend blending them into your smoothie. This will create a nice, smooth texture.
- Instead of oat milk, you can use a different type of milk to blend this smoothie. Try to use a milk that doesn’t have an overpowering taste that could alter the taste of the smoothie. Some good options would be almond milk or cashew milk.
- The vanilla extract can be omitted, but it adds a nice flavor!
- Instead of chia seeds, you could use hemp seeds. You can also omit the chia seeds without a substitution, but they do provide added nutrition to this smoothie.
If you love cherries, you can also check out this chocolate cherry smoothie!
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups to 1 cup oat milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Make sure your fruit is frozen for this smoothie.
Add as much milk as necessary to get this smoothie blended. You will require more milk if you don’t have a high-powered blender.