This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This peanut butter oatmeal smoothie is dairy-free, vegan, and prefect for breakfast. You can whip this smoothie up in 5 minutes and you only need 7 simple ingredients!
Why you’ll love this smoothie
This peanut butter oatmeal smoothie is:
- Dairy-free and vegan
- Easy to make
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Made with only 7 or 8 ingredients.
- Great for breakfast
Here is everything you will need to make this peanut butter oatmeal smoothie:
*Scroll down to the recipe box for quantities.
- Rolled oats
- Frozen bananas: Using frozen bananas is essential to achieve the correct texture for this smoothie.
- Peanut butter: Use any smooth peanut butter.
- Vanilla extract: For added flavor.
- Maple syrup: For added sweetness.
- Oat milk
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
Tips for making this peanut butter oatmeal smoothie
Ensure you use gluten-free oats if necessary. This isn’t necessary unless you want to avoid gluten or have a gluten allergy. There are some certified gluten-free oats that you can find if needed.
Peel and chop your bananas before freezing. I always like to use frozen bananas in my smoothies, so I keep them stocked in my freezer. To freeze bananas, I recommend peeling them first, then chopping each banana into 2-4 pieces.
If you chop your frozen bananas before putting them in your blender, they will blend much more easily. This is especially important if you do not have a high-powered blender.
Adjustments and substitutions
You can use any type of peanut butter. I do recommend using smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy so that it creates a smooth texture in your smoothie, but other than that the type of peanut butter you use doesn’t matter. You can use a natural peanut butter if you are more health conscious, but you can use a sugary peanut butter if that’s what you like.
You can adjust the amount of maple syrup. You can even omit the maple syrup if you don’t think this smoothie needs additional sweetness, but you can also add a bit more if you want your smoothie sweeter.
You can use any type of milk you like. I prefer using oat milk for this smoothie, but any type of milk you enjoy should work.
More peanut butter smoothies
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Avocado Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Date Smoothie
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- ¾ cups to 1 cup oat milk
- Optional: ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately.
Adjust the amount of oat milk to achieve your desired texture.