This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This kiwi banana smoothie is easy to make, nutritious, and naturally sweet.
*Scroll down to the recipe box below for quantities.
Here is what you will need to make this kiwi banana smoothie:
- Frozen banana: Make sure your bananas are frozen to give this smoothie a thick and creamy texture.
- Kiwi: Use fresh kiwis that are ripe for this smoothie.
- Water or plant-based milk: This is to blend your smoothie. I like using oat milk, but any fairly neutral-tasting milk or just water will work.
- Lemon juice: Some fresh lemon juice adds some extra sweetness to this smoothie and elevates the taste.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a great way to get some extra plant-based protein and omega 3s.
Pre-freeze bananas so they are ready for smoothies. When your bananas are super ripe and spotty, peel them and cut them in half. Layer them in sealable containers, separating each layer with parchment paper.
Make sure you use ripe kiwis. They should be a bit soft when you squeeze them.
Blend in your chia seeds to give your smoothie a nice, smooth texture.
Adjustments and substitutions
- If you don’t want chia seeds in your smoothie, you can simply leave them out. Hemp seeds would also be a good replacement.
- For the liquid for this smoothie, you can just use water, or a milk of choice. If you are using a plant-based milk, make sure that it is not flavored. You want it to be fairly neutral-tasting so that it doesn’t effect the taste of the smoothie.
- Add some more lemon juice if you want some more sweetness in your smoothie.
More fruit smoothies
- Pineapple banana smoothie
- Watermelon pineapple smoothie
- Beet strawberry smoothie
- Peach banana smoothie
- Mango banana smoothie
- Cherry banana smoothie
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- 1 cup water or plant milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately.
Add a bit more lemon juice for a sweeter smoothie.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredient amounts and brands used.